Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My key fob battery died and since I replaced it I have to

Customer Question

My key fob battery died and since I replaced it I have to press the button 5 to 10 times before door lucks or unlocks
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just told you the whole problem
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I changed the battery in the fob
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Did you replace the fob or the battery alone?

Did you test the new battery to make sure its not weak?

When you had the fob apart did you touch the circuit board or get the buttons not aligned with the circuit board.

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tested the battery and it was good, I only replaced the Battery. Tried my Wife's FOB which is hardly ever used and it does the same thing. I did not touch anything except the battery inside the FOB
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** it is an issue on the car that just so happened when the fob was messed with. Can I get the year, make, and model?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2012 Ram 1500

Thanks, ***** ***** a scan tool in the vehicle monitoring the WIN module to see if its seeing the remote signal on the first press. If it is then we need to monitor the door modules to see if they are getting the signal from the WIN. This will tell us where the delay is occurring and which modules are to blame.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I gave a scan tool at home

Good, let me know that outcome on the module communication.