Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2010 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie. Left low beam keeps going out,

Customer Question

2010 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie. Left low beam keeps going out, high beam stops working as well. When I replace low beam, the high starts working again
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have replaced drivers low beam headlight 3 times. When it goes out, the high beam stops working as well. When I replace the low beam, the high starts working again without replacing it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing beyond bulb replacement
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: Our top Dodge Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Dodge Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Dodge Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

There are 2 different headlight options. One with the low and high beam the same bulb and the other with separate bulbs. Which do you have? If the low and high beam are the same bulb and your having repeat failure then we need to confirm the ground to the headlight while in use has no resistance. Next we need to confirm the connector pins are good and finally check for moisture getting into the headlight assembly and causing the bulb to fail.

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris