Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My Dodge caravan ignition key is not truning I mean turning

Customer Question

My Dodge caravan ignition key is not truning I mean turning To start the car.. I dont know what do do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, the problem just started about 30 minutes ago. I tried turning on the car. I put the key in the ignition to turn it on, but its not turning to start the car
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vin # *****
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. Have you tried using another ignition key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have.. It's still not working
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes if you gently tap on the key towards the ignition lock cylinder while turning it, that will do the trick. If not, the ignition lock cylinder is bad and will need to be replaced. (it comes with new keys but they will have to be programmed before use)