Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

I just did a cab swap over the weekend and now I am having a

Customer Question

Hi, I just did a cab swap over the weekend and now I am having a couple of issues. No Cruz control, abs and brake lights on, shifting In and out of overdrive. Thanks Mike.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 7 months ago.

If the swap included changing over all the components and related wiring harnesses along with the body panels, then those issues should not be happening. Were the two trucks exactly the same as in same year, model, trim, OEM accessories, etc.?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The cab was just a shell nothing inside. It looks like a ground wire might be missing.

OK. Let me check the diagrams and see what I can find. Be back in a bit...

Ok. There is a Black/White wire coming out the stop lamp switch that has to be grounded for both the cruise and the anti-lock brakes to work. Ground point is G202 right center of instrument panel. Check it out and let me know if that does it.