Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs

Sometimes" the in the steering wheel heater will not stay

Customer Question

sometimes" the in the steering wheel heater will not stay on, it was in the 30's today
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2011 longhorn , low miles, 1500. steering wheel works most of the time, not today, push the on button and light comes, then goes out a few seconds later, no heat!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: would like to.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Heated seats ect. all work
JA: Our top Dodge Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Dodge Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Dodge Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine what is failing with the steering wheel heater you are going to need to start first with scanning the system to retrieve the B code that should be setting in the Comfort Seat Wheel Module when it fails. If you can get this done and post back with the fault code I can help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks, I will check that
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Im here if need be.