-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I know this is a shot with our you seeing yourself. I traded

Customer Question

I know this is a long shot with our you seeing yourself. I traded my 6.0 Chevy so I could have a back seat for my kids. So anyway I have a 06 ram 1500 5.7 hemi 130,000 miles. Seems to ruin good. Burns allot of oil. Have not seen any on garage floor. Every once in a while you just lose power. Still accelerate but bogged down can barely heat Flowmaster when this happens.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

Is the check engine light on and if so what codes do you have? Does the ETC lightning bolt come on when you experience power loss? Have you tested fuel psi?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No lights at all. Every once in a while abs and ebrake light comes on. Don't know how to check fuel
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

When it bogs down when does the power come back? To check the fuel psi when this happens you will need to have a fuel psi tester connected to the fuel rail.. The spec is around 50 psi and if it's low when the engine bogs down I would suspect a weak fuel pump..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It will bog down then put it in tow mode and is fine. Would bad cat do this. What about the burning of oil