Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2008 dodge ram had the head re-worked as well as

Customer Question

I have a 2008 dodge ram had the head re-worked as well as one timing gear replaced it keeps shearing a pin on the cam shaft and jumping time what should I do?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it will run for about 3 minutes jump time and go dead
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: its in the shop and I am assisting them
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: not to my knowledge
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

What liter engine do you have?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
3.7

Thanks, ***** ***** the wrong cam or gear was installed and they are not mounting together correct. It can be the cam bearings damaged or installed wrong or a end play issue allowing the cam to wobble or move in and out making the chain pull the gear at an angle. Have those been checked?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris