Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My 2012 dodge is now setting a P226C DTC, The turbo was

Customer Question

Hi Brad, My 2012 dodge is now setting a P226C DTC, The turbo was replaced a short time ago was working great till now. Also noticed the Charge air temp sensor voltage reading is 0.0. Engine exhaust brake inop also. Any help would be great.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was this code setting before the turbo was replaced or only after it was replaced and if after were you able to put several miles on the vehicle before this code set?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Pete, the code occurred after the turbo was replaced. I was able to put 75 miles on the truck before the code occurred.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

This code will set when there is a turbo charger boost control A slow response signal.This code sets when the PCM (engine and transmission computer) detects that the VGT is slow in responding to its commanded position by the PCM.

This code usually sets when there is a fault with the VGT solenoid itself and the turbo needs replaced.There is a good chance the turbo that was replaced has failed again already and needs replaced again and in this case should be replaced under parts warranty at the facility that replaced it at no charge to you.

There is a cleaning procedure that needs done first with a scan tool that can do this procedure but if this does not correct this issue the turbo needs replaced again.I can post the diagnostic procedure for this code here if you want just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete