Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Why does anti-freeze come out of a 3/8 hole on passengers

Customer Question

why does anti-freeze come out of a 3/8 hole on passengers side top of block next to bell housing bolts 2003 4.7 ?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Randall C replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Unsure, the only way to try and help is if you can snap a picture and send to this post, I have to see what you are referring to,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
its just a factory drilled hole on back of casted block behind the passengers side cylinder head. it is on all 4.7 dodge v8 engines. i looked a a few other engines . it is real close to the top about 1 inch from bellhousing. seems it could open up inside of hole to maybe the rear of engine

unsure, sorry, I will opt out, another expert should be along soon to help

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this can't be the first time someone has had anti-freeze come out of this hole. i feel if no one has come across this, i will have to pull the engine back out. I just put it in there auuugghhhh
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

I have included an image below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/4.7.png

If its either of these then it can be a dummy plug or the freeze plug.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris