Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

03 Durango no start, no electrical power.

Customer Question

Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No electrical power at all. Battery is fine. Replaced ctm with a junkyard part, started right up. Everything was fine accept security light was on. Test drove, stalled while driving. Has same issues as before
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 8 months ago.

Hi there. Did you have the CTM programmed to the VIN?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the ctm is the bcm. Central timer module.

Thank you for that information. Did you have it programmed to the VIN?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No

OK. These modules have to be programmed to the vehicle's VIN in order for them to work. Can you give me some history on what happened that made you replace the CTM?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I replaced my battery. However when i hooked everything up, i had no power, no dash lights no headlight, no chime. Go to start nothing happens. I believed ctm blew out as is common on these 1st gen Durangos. Also my key fob wasnt working for a while. Once i replaced the ctm, it started up and was fine. Again security light was on and the key fob wasnt working since it needs to be programmed. But i now i have same symtoms as before

Thank you for that information.

So, I take it you replaced the old CTM without actually testing it with a scan tool?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

In that case, I’m sorry, but I don’t have any other information that could help you at this time. I’ll opt out so others may try. Please do not reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle this request back to me.

Best Regards.