-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2010 dodge nitro that I bought at a ford dealer

Customer Question

i have a 2010 dodge nitro that I bought at a ford dealer used a couple OF YEARS NOW AND I STILL HAVE THE SAME ISSUE I HAVE HAD IT IN FOR REPAIR FOR THE HEAT IN THE CAR WORK FINE AND OTHER TIMES IT BLOWS COLD AIR THEY REPLACED THE THERMOSTAT AND THAT DIDN'T FIX IT IT LOSES ANTIFREEZE DON'T KNOW WHERE IT GOING TO THEY SAID THERES NO LEEKS THEY TOLD ME THEY THOUGHT IT WAS INTERNAL THAT THE ENGINE WAS BURNING UP THE ANTIFREEZE THEY SENT ME TO A DODGE DEALER AND THEY CHECKED EVERYTHING OUT AND SAID THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG AND NOW FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM ONE DAY IT WORKS AND THE NEXT DAY IT DOESN'T OR IT WORKS PART OF THE DAY AND THEN THE NEXT TIME YOU START IT IT BLOWS COLD AIR AGAIN
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

If your heater is blowing cold air the first thing you need to do is feel both heater hoses and see if they are equally hot, if no then you have a coolant circulation issue and I would try flushing the heater core, if they are both hot and it blowing cold air your issue if inside in the HVAC unit such as the blend door.. I would check the operation of the blend door and if it's moving then the door is broke inside the HVAC and the dash will need to come out to replace the blend door..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I good I hope this is it everyone tells there nothing wrong p I
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

Have a great day,

Brad