Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Our 2011 2500 hd diesel (which we love and tows our 40' toy

Customer Question

Our 2011 2500 hd diesel (which we love and tows our 40' toy hauler) just started locking itself. This is Mom so don't get to technical. But it has also honked intermittently, like 6 times then stopped.This has happened a couple of times. I am wondering if a replace battery issue, which we have not done. Or go to the Dodge hiuse ?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Don't think so
JA: Our top Dodge Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Dodge Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Dodge Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to an internal electrical fault in the remote/key fob itself.I have seen these fail before in the past and had to replace the remote/key fob to correct this type of fault here.

I would have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.Once this is done any codes set need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.A dealer or repair facility can also usually test the remotes to see if any issues are found with it needing replaced.It is possible this is a body control computer causing this here that receives the lock and unlock signal.I have had to replace the ecu like a body control computer for this fault as well.

Having the fault codes checked is the first step and will help pinpoint the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete