Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2013 6.7 cummins with 120000 miles on it and while

Customer Question

I have a 2013 6.7 cummins with 120000 miles on it and while towing a 5th wheel the motor started knocking. I had it towed to the shop where they told me it is wrist pins and it was caused by the breaking system. They are a very reputable diesel shop, just wondering if this has happened before.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service to you, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased with my assistance and will rate me Good or Excellent.

I find not one SSM, FSA, TSB, or tech report of finding wrist pin failure on this model. That means its not common but it does not mean it can not occur. Was there a power loss, exhaust smoke, or warning light on?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Please make sure to complete the rating on your screen when your pleased.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris