Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs

03 dodge Dakota 3.9 auto trans. rod broke. Put in 01 3.9

Customer Question

03 dodge Dakota 3.9 auto trans. rod broke. Put in 01 3.9 engine, truck had a 5-speed. My guy could not start it. New plugs, wires, rotor, crank sensor, battery and starter. still no start.told to replace engine computer. gave the guy model # ***** on 03 and 01. I installed computer, truck runs, but very rough. Also, gas gauge dosen't work, and I have a no bus message at the odometer. Rest of clusters seem to be working.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

After you installed the new computer are you able to scan the system and see what the fault codes are that should be setting? If you can run a scan and post back with the results I will see if I can help you with this . Post back when you can and we can work from there.