sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2002 dodge cummings that sounds the timing is off

Customer Question

I have a 2002 dodge cummings that sounds the timing is off when you first start the truck. after about 10 sec. something resets and the truck runs great from there but the tac stops working. the codes it has is P0237 map sensor voltage to low, P0236 Map sensor to high too long, P0336 CKP sensor signal, P0522 oil press voltage to low, the local dodge dealer cant figure out what is wrong with it also mechanic says the map sensor plug is broken and needs replaced but dodge has discontinued that plug and they cant replace it. anyone have any idea what I can do to fix it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A used connector for the MAP sensor would suffice and shouldn't be hard to find.

P0336 is a crank sensor code but the 2002 engines didn't use a standalone crank sensor. It relied on the crank sensor in the injector pump along with the cam sensor. This code may be reporting incorrectly due to whatever you read it with, there may be an ECM issue causing it to set a code that it shouldn't, and I question whether the correct ECM is in place.

Did the problem start after any work was done?

Has the ECM been replaced at any point?