sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 08 charger 5.7L and by I have 5 codes coming up

Customer Question

I have a 08 charger 5.7L and by I have 5 codes coming up p3401 which is intake cntrl curciut/open. I went and replaced all 4 solenoids located underneath the intake and same thing happened after I replaced them, it all started when I replaced my spark plugs so is it possible my plugs don't agree with the engine?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have misfire on 4 cylinders which is what everybody else online says they had with that code, it says cylinder deactivation, so I replaced all mds solenoids and it did the same t hi long, took my spark plugs out switched them around and still the same thing, I poo it in pulsestar plugs and I guess according to ppl on here those are the best for a 5.7L and I have no idea what to change next or what I should do
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I looked up my other codes p300 multiple cylinder misfire p3401 p3425 p3441 p3449 all those four codes say cylinder deactivation / intake valve control circuit/ open
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

These codes are for the MDS solenoid control circuits. Possible causes for these are the solenoids themselves, wiring and connections, or possibly a powertrain control module issue. Odds are this is not related to the misfiring, if the misfiring didn't start until these spark plugs were installed then odds are they are causing the miss.

If the solenoids have been replaced with new Mopar parts then the next step will be to test the wiring. The solenoids all receive ground on the black/brown wire and are controlled by a high side driver from the PCM on the other wire. If ll solenoids started setting a code at the same time then it's likely they're missing ground. If no visible problems are found then the first thing I would recommend is load testing the ground to the solenoids, a headlamp bulb and jumper wires being the best way to test. If the bulb doesn't light as brightly as if connected to the battery then you have a wiring issue.