Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

The other day the lightning bolt red light came on at the

Customer Question

the other day the lightning bolt red light came on at the dash and the car seemed to loose power. I turned it of and it ran fine for a while and then the same thing happened. it a dodge avenger 2010.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to if it isn't to hard.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: it has about 50,000 miles and has never had a p
JA: Our top Dodge Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Dodge Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Dodge Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

Ok, that is associated with a problem in the electronic throttle system, commonly referred to as a fly by wire system. The components that make up this system in addition to the wiring harness, are the APP(accelerator pedal position) sensor, the PCM(powertrain control module) and the electronic throttle body.

There is no throttle cable on your vehicle. The APP sensor translates the amount you push down on the gas pedal or release it into voltage and that signal is sent to the PCM and then the electronic throttle body.

There is a fault in one of the above components or with the wiring. In order to know which one, first, the fault codes need to be retrieved with a scan tool. Then the components tested with the same full function scan tool, and faulty component replaced and new one installed and then programmed with same scan tool.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?