Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

When I start my Dodge Caravan 2002 whit 3.3L and put on

Customer Question

When I start my Dodge Caravan 2002 whit 3.3L and put on Drive the blower, radio, wipers and power windows stop to work. Everything is OK on 3 Th and L positions. They didn't work on Reverse, Neutral and Drive. The problem is intermittent and only when the weather is humid (rain, snow). I have open Power Module to check for bad connections, rust or damaged wire but everything look OK. Verifying also all the wires under the fender to the Transmission module whit the same result.
Do you have any idea what can be the problem?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

Sounds like the contacts in the ignition switch are failing to me, because everything you describe there is powered up via the ignition switch, Here is a test I want you to perform, put it in drive, and leave the radio on, when the radio and the windows and whatever else doesn't work, Leave the radio on, and slightly twist the key slightly back and forth while still in the switch and while the engine is still running, see if that restores radio function or turns it on briefly. Don't turn it enough to grind the starter, but turn it maybe 2 to 3 degrees while the key is still in the lock cylinder and the engine is running. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Edward,
I'm not whit my car this week but when I'll be there I will do the test and call you.
Expert:  Edward replied 7 months ago.

Alright, sounds good. Thank you.