Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I had a speedometer that was jumping. I had a speed sensor

Customer Question

Hello, I had a speedometer that was jumping. I had a speed sensor code. I had to pull the gear, pinion housing/sensor assembly out to get the sensor bolt out. When I pulled, the gear fell in the tail shaft. I got it out, put everything together, new plug on harness, and now I have no signal at all. My check engine light is on. And I lost my O drive.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Re check and make sure it was all put back together properly.If there are any issues with the way it is put together this can cause this type of fault here in some cases.If this is all o.k. inspect the speed sensor wiring or cable (depending on the model here) to see if there is any damage needing repaired or replaced.If this is or has already all been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete