Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

This is a plow truck i have its a 2001 Dodge ram 2500 with

Customer Question

this is a plow truck i have its a 2001 Dodge ram 2500 with 5.9 Gas engine i park it a couple of weeks ago went to start it no go i thought it was fuel pump replaced that still no start. Cranks find
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i replace the fuel pump
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

What lead you to believe it was the fuel pump? Did it not have fuel pressure? Did you check for 12v and ground at the fuel pump? Does it have spark? What codes does it have in the PCM?

Talk soon,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i did not here the fuel pump and i have no way to read codes and it ran i shut it off two weeks later would not start
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Ok to start with you will need to check for fuel psi and for spark. Let me know which one you don't have..