rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

2001 dode ram 1500 cranls in rain but no start. Eventually

Customer Question

2001 dode ram 1500 cranls in rain but no start. Eventually starts after two hours of trynfg and the back fires and
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: cranks but does not start in rain
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: dodge has no clue
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: nope
JA: Our top Dodge Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Dodge Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Dodge Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

This is a very common problem with water intrusive issues to the connectors for ignition and fuel under the hood. Get some di-electric grease from your parts store, clean all your connectors and apply the grease. This will fix that issue.

Thanks, Ron