sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Message says 5mph after 125 miles when engine light comes on

Customer Question

Message says 5mph after 125 miles when engine light comes on but light is off next morning.2013 4x4 has just turned 70K when this message started
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I keep fluid full never below 1/4 .I dont know what else you want
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible. I do have platinum warranty.But dealer keeps vehicle for days even for something simple. So yes if i can .
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: I dont belive so
JA: Our top Dodge Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Dodge Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Dodge Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the engine light is coming on it's because the engine controller is seeing an issue in a monitored component or system and a fault code is setting, if it comes on along with a DEF warning then the issue could be with a number of components in the aftertreatment system.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see what fault codes are setting. Have you had the codes read?
What model is the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Havent had any one look at the modle 2013 ram.thanks anyway. I'll just take to dealer

Let me know if you need any more help!