Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

My issue is my 1996 dodge 1500 4x4 auto with a 5.2l. Motor

Customer Question

Cox, my issue is my 1996 dodge 1500 4x4 auto with a 5.2l. Motor locked up and swapped it out now alternator is not charging, trans won't shift out of 1st. and remote start starts truck then it shuts off and restarts again and will continue till push stop to turn it off.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: before the motor blew everything worked fine. swapped it out and added my whole to end to it. Truck now won't charge and won't shift are my 2 main concerns. it will only shift to reverse nd 1st. won't up shift to 2nd 3rd or OD and have power at the field terminal on the alternator but not charging battery
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The one thing that comes to mind that all these components have in common is the grounds. Since you did not have these problem before you replaced the engine I would suggest you go back and check all your grounds. I have enclosed a list below for there locations. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them . Check theses and let me know the results and we can work from there if need be.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Ground%20Mar%2016.pdf