Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab with no working power

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab with no working power windows. I replaced the master control power window switch/driver side but still nothing. My power mirrors work and my power lock/unlock work intermittently. The fuse in #25 position is 10A and good. I've wiggled wires all over but still nothing. Is there something I'm missing. I read that there is supposed to be a circuit breaker down near the emergency brake but there's not one evident to me. Everything I've seen online hasn't helped me.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 7 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Check the wiring in the rubber boot that goes from the "A" Pillar to the driver door. The wires have a tendency to break in this area due to constant flexing from opening and closing the door.
You will need to peel back the rubber boot to inspect for broken wires. If broken wires are found you will either need to repair the wires or replace the driver door wiring harness..

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,