-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I back flushed my heater core and replaced the engine

Customer Question

i back flushed my heater core and replaced the engine coolant. now the truck is overheating and I can see coolant dripping from the bottom of the truck
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I can drive the truck for a few miles, then it over heats. It looks as if the coolant is dripping from the oil pan. I let the truck sit for about 2 weeks now, for fear of it overheating and blowing the motor. Now it will not start at all
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, I would like to
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: well, I haven't. now I cant get it started to try anything.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: it was running fine, but without heat until I back flushed the heater core
JA: Our top Dodge Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Dodge Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Dodge Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

If you see coolant then you will need to pressureize the cooling system to find and repair the leak... Can you see what is leaking?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not been able to find the source of the leak.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

OK at this point you will need to pressureize the cooling system to find the leak.. You can either purchase one or rent one from your local parts store.. It will look like >>THIS<<. Once you pressureize the cooling system it will start to leak and you can repair it..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad