Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet

Im ***** ***** same i have a 92 dodge van 350 no spark

Customer Question

im ***** ***** same i have a 92 dodge van 350 no spark replaced coil nothing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well van has been sitting for a little while. I would start it periodocly to run it. I moved it like 20 days ago and now I have sold it and cant start it so i replaced coil just now but still nothing fuses look good in the glove box;
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.

There's not much to this ignition system. If you aren't getting spark, it's usually either the coil or the PCM.

Verify there is battery voltage to the positive side of the coil (Grey) while cranking the engine. Note: It is normal to have 0 volts on this circuit with the key "on".
Attach a test light to battery positive, use the probe end of the test light on the negative side of the coil (Black/Grey). Crank the engine over and the test light should be flashing on and off. If it is blinking then replace the coil.
If the test light is not blinking then it is a wire problem between the coil and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), or a bad PCM.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the light turns on when I use the test light to the negative side of the coil. where or what is the PCM
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.

The PCM (on this vehicle it's called the ECM) is on the firewall. It controls engine spark in place of a distributor.

Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.

I just wanted to check whether you need any additional help.

If you no longer need assistance, please don't forget to rate.