-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I have a 2008 Dodge Nitro. There seems to be something wrong

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Dodge Nitro. There seems to be something wrong with the electrical system. The wipers go on and off, the electric locks go up and down, the whole car shakes and vibrates even when it is off! Its like the car is possessed! Help!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

The very first thing that will need to be done is a full system scan to see what modules has what codes.. This will tell you if you have a wiring or a BUS communication issue.. Anytime the BUS system goes down it will turn the headlights on and wipers for safety. Your vehicle has several modules(Computers) and they all "Talk" to each other on the BUS wires and when they can't "Talk" communicate with each other it will set codes which will help in the diagnostics.. If you don't have a scantool then you will need a shop to perform a full system scan to begin with, if you have all the codes post them here and I will give you the proper diagnostics to get it fixed..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,