Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2008 Doge 2500 6.7 H&S Mini Maxx EGR Delete and turbo

Customer Question

2008 Doge 2500 6.7 H&S Mini Maxx EGR Delete and turbo back exhaust.
Tuner will not read VIN on truck. ECM was recently flashed and Im not sure they put right programming in. Truck is saying it needs an Exhaust regen 90 % Full which I have never seen before. there is 168,000 km on truck and deletes were installed about 26,000 km ago.
Mini Maxx is also stuck on recovery mode and I have tried many different ways that are listed on H&S Forum with no success, I am waiting on new SD card should be in this week, Ive tried different computers for updating and cannot get a complete update, Program says card was Updated succesfully but if you check it there are either 8 or 1 files that still need to be updated and I cannot ge this to update them properly.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here may be due to a fault internally in the ecm causing this here.I have seen the ecm become damaged in some cases when after market programming was done or repeatedly adjusted in some cases.if the SD card does not correct this here,this will have to be checked/tested further to see if the ecm needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for relying Pete.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete