Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Have the ABS and brake warning lights on continuously. Also,

Customer Question

Have the ABS and brake warning lights on continuously. Also, radio is depowered and windshield wipers stopped working. 2001 Viper R/T 10.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Would like to fix myself. Had an intermittent right front ABS sensor fault. The ABS and brake warnings went out for a short time and the radio and wipers started working again at the same time.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: No.
JA: Our top Dodge Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Dodge Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Dodge Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Any time your ABS and brake warning light comes on the system will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to try and help you determine the cause the first thing you need to do is to scan the system and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ron, I responded to your answer, which was not an answer but just another question. Again, there are no codes present. Why have you not even acknowledged my response much less provide an answer?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I just not got your response and unfortunately if you are saying there are no fault codes which there should be anytime the ABS light comes on I am not sure how to advise you. I will open the post back up in hopes someone else has ran across this type of problem with no codes and can add something new for you. If someone can help, they will post back.

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you out. I am a Viper tech and the problem you are having sounds like a loss of power or ground to the ABS module, wipers and radio. I need to research the wiring diagram and see if there is something that would cause all 3 to quit at the same time. I will be back with some ideas later today.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

I have been looking at the diagram already and see that the radio and wipers are supplied power through fuse 13 (20 amp). Tell me, do the power mirrors also quit when it acts up?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power mirrors work. Only radio and wipers are affected.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a 12 volt test light handy? If so, I would like to do some testing while it is acting up. You will need to remove the radio so we can access the radio connector.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wish I could but I am out of town at the moment. I'm in Detroit today. Hope to be home in Florida tomorrow afternoon.
I'm a pilot so if I don't answer within an hour I am probably on my way to Beijing.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, well when you get back home tomorrow, get a 12 volt test light and pull the radio. Turn the key on and see if there is power on the Red wire with a white stripe, and the solid pink wire. Let me know what you find.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris,
I'm still in Detroit but leaving for home in a few hours. Will test the radio tomorrow morning. Then we will know if it is the power source or the ground.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good my friend. Have a safe flight home and I will keep an eye out for you tomorrow.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Finally made it home to Florida but had a lot of things to do. Probably won't be able to work on the car for a few days. Will contact you as soon as I can.
Scott
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
No worries Scott. Take your time and get back to me when it is convenient.Chris