Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

No start, good battery; will not crank; all dash lights

Customer Question

No start, good battery; will not crank; all dash lights engage.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when I turn the key, I hear a power surge but nothing seems to engage the starter.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: not much so far, we did send it to a certified mechanic a few months ago for this issue but was unable to find. the funny thing is that this seems to be an intermittent issue. then it will start up again. we do not have an alarm system so its not a valet issue.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: not really, the car has not been in an accident or anything.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Would you be willing to speak on the phone right now? If so let me know. If not that's fine too we can continue on this page.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked for power down at the starter motor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

OK no problem. Let's start by checking for power down at the starter motor with the key in the crank position. You might just have a bad starter. Let me know what you find

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do, it will be bit before I will be able get this completed but, I will let you know what I find.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good!