Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 and the rear wheels are locking

Customer Question

Have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 and the rear wheels are locking up after making a sharp right turn. Pulled into a place and that's when the wheels locked up. Was able to pull into a parking space but you could hear the tires screeching from time to time. Turned the vehicle off for a little then back on and figured try to make it home. It still was locked up. I pumped the brakes about a dozen times then was finally able to drive the short distance home. Upon pulling into my driveway which is another sharp right the rear wheels locked up again. I'm open to any and all solutions as I'm leaning to either it's a brake issue or an issue with the rear axle. Less thoughts with the axle as if something did snap inside I wouldn't have been able to drive it the 8 miles home without a problem. The axle was redone about a year ago. The brake peddle is very soft and goes pretty much to the floor without resistance which makes me wonder if master cylinder but why sharp right turns really cause the rear wheels to lock up?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 9 months ago.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
IF the Brake Fluid is full & shows no sign of leak or overflow, this sounds like a Stuck Caliper or Bad Brake Hose
IF you do not have 4 wheel Disc Brakes, then it can also be the Rear Brake Pads or E-Brake
Removal of Wheel & Brake Components is needed to check

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.