sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Just did a rebuild on a 2000 dodge ram and won't shift out

Customer Question

Just did a rebuild on a 2000 dodge ram and won't shift out of first valve body no stuck valve including throttle valve out speed sensor is read tps is good sensor on different is reading new Gov sensor and sol what else could be wrong
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Ya I just opened my own shop and been building these for some time and this one is going to start eating into my pocket should I trace the wires to computer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: When on scan tool while on any throttle it says first and when I let up it does up shift but because no throttle pressure at all thinking maybe got bad Gov sensor and sol or bad computer
JA: Our top Dodge Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Dodge Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Dodge Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that could prevent it from shifting. Governor pressure may be too low, there may be an issue in the valve body, or there may be a problem with the kickdown band. If it's not adjusted properly or the servo isn't working for whatever reason then it won't shift into second.

Have you checked for fault codes?