Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2004 Dodge Durango 5.7 and it is not charging new

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Dodge Durango 5.7 and it is not charging new battery, alternator, I do have battery voltage at the alternator
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Battery light is on. replaced alternator. Battery is fully charged. No blown fuses. Fusible link as soon as good because I have battery voltage at alternator
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The new battery and new alternator
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: All wheel drive Limited fully loaded
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Assuming that the alternator is working on a bench test. Do you have a good ground at the #2 terminal, (black and red wire) of the alternator?