Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

07 5.9 cummins when the grid heater draws sometimes the

Customer Question

07 5.9 cummins when the grid heater draws sometimes the engine will skip or misfire. No codes runs fine other than that
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

How long does this last?

Have you monitored the battery voltage when this occurs to see if its dropping to low?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it only happens at the begin of the draw or and the end(judging by the vlot meter) . It's only one skip during the draw.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've also had the alternator tested at autozone and they said it passed and the batteries are 1 year old

Is this a new issue or has it been occurring since new?

Have you ever monitored the battery voltage when the grid heater turns on and off to see what the battery voltage has dipped or spiked to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a while ago I have I don't belive it got below 11.5

Thanks, ***** ***** its the voltage surge to blame here. Normal running voltage is 13-15. Outside of those ranges when running modules and components are going to act different. Unplug and remote power your intake heater then OHM test the ground to verify there is no resistance. If that is good then I recommend replacing the heater. I believe its drawing to many amps.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris