sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I got a diagnostic code of PO480 on my 2010 Dodge Journey at

Customer Question

I got a diagnostic code of PO480 on my 2010 Dodge Journey at emissions testing. When i hooked up my meter I got the codes $7E9 and $7E8. What do I do now? Those codes are not in my program on the meter.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car seems to heat up when I drive slow or am stopped for a long time, but not always.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Your issue is with the cooling fan relay control circuit, the reason the engine is running hot is because the cooling fan isn't' operating.

The problem could be a handful of things including the fan motors, relays, wiring, the TIPM, or it could be a blown fuse. If the fuse is blown it would most likely be due to high current drawing from a failing fan motor.

Have you checked fuse J19?