Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

Can someone provide me the troubleshooting/diagnosis steps

Customer Question

Can someone provide me the troubleshooting/diagnosis steps for these codes; 6CFE,68FE,6FFE,6EFE,69FE,3EFE, & 21FE using any of these scanners I have access to; Innova 3100,Acton autos canner plus, or Autoxray Ez-scan 6000 and/or a CEN-TECH digital multimeter on an 05 dodge Grand Caravan 3.3 liter?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

About all I can find is what they mean,

21FE

Wheel Speed Right Front Input Signal Missing

P0700

Transmission Control System (Malfunction Indicator Lamp Request)

3EFE

Battery Pack Voltage Out Of Range

69FE

J1850 Bus Short High

6EFE

Cluster Module Missing

6FFE

Body Controller Module Missing

68FE

J1850 Bus Communication Fault

6CFE

Engine Module Missing

Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

If you want you can purchase the confirmed fixes from Actron, but to tell you the truth, I have never paid for that so I don't know what them results might unfold but anyhow, here is the link and the said it's $1.99 per code.

https://actron.com/code-lookup

I looked through all 3 of my online manuals and they didn't have any diagnostic procedures on these codes.

I believe though the P0700 codes is just a code telling you that the transmission has a code and it is most likely referring to that 21FE Wheel Speed Right Front Input Signal Missing.

Not to mention if they turned the key on or left it in the ignition when changing the battery may be what those missing modules are referring to.

I would erase the codes and see what come back and another word of advice, just because the battery goes dead, doesn't mean the battery is bad, they sounds like there is a parasitic drain on the battery and maybe a short circuit somewhere.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Well they said they had the battery load tested at 2 different part stores and checked for voltage and it failed the load test and only showed like 10.5 volts even right after they turned it off

Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

Yeah, I believe that but a drain is what caused it and this drain is eventually going to kill the new battery.