Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

We replace the lift pump and we're getting fuel to the

Customer Question

We replace the lift pump and we're getting fuel to the injector pump and not to the injectors but the truck will not start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We replace the lift pump on it put a new list I'm on some times of trouble run sometimes it won't we got it after it idles for about 5 hours ranch find God in it put it in gear and it died immediately
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes we are elbow deep in grease at the moment
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cooking lift pump up direct putting new diesel in checked all the batteries charge them prime the pump from everything check the wire connectors at the pump itself everything we can think of to check and replace we've done
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No that's about it its just a 2000 single cab diesel 2500 with about a hundred fifty thousand miles on it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 8 months ago.

your grammar is a bit confusing, as I understand you have fuel UP TO the high pressure pump, but NOTHING out correct?