-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Have a dodge ram 1500, I am getting a warning light its a

Customer Question

hello have a dodge ram 1500, I am getting a warning light its a red lightning bolt in a red square
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

Does it start and run? If the check engine light is on can you tell me what codes it has? The lightning bolt that looks like )Z( is your ETC or your throttle body. Since you have the ETC light then you have the 5.7 HEMI engine and to see what is going on I will need for you have have the codes read and post them here..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it runs fine brad,just every so often the heat gauge will start climbing, then red lightning bolt comes on , does not seem to effect the running of pick up , but truck does not seem to warm up
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not understanding what you wan me to do
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

If the check engine light is on can you have the codes read at any local parts store free of charge and post the codes here so I can better see what's going on?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
well know all them want a arm and a leg o do this , I just thought I could get some kind of idea what to look for . seems like thermastate might be sticking as it does not warm up to level it used to
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

Your local Advanced Auto or PEP Boys will check the codes free of charge.. You could try changing the thermostat but if it doesn't help you will need to know the codes to properly repair it..

Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad