gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler dealership technician
12249065

Just changed out fuel pump still not getting fuel to

Customer Question

Just changed out fuel pump still not getting fuel to injectors
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Not getting fuel to engine installed new fuel pump fuel relay is good don't know what else to check
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just said what I've done
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

first I need to know the vin for the vehicle to pull a wiring diagram, but more importantly what's your skill level and do you have a GOOD scan tool to read engine computer info?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
3b7hc13zxyg125377 my skills not that good no computer
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

your going to need to do some testing, remember I can only advise you I am NOT there to fix your dodge, you will need a way to get any computer codes and a good test lamp, as well as the skills to use it, how did you determine the fuel pump was bad to begin with?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Was getting no fuel to injectors tested by Test pressure port that looks like a cable stem no fuel came out
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

do you have a test lamp and can you use it?

you need to determine if the pump is getting power and ground

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do dark out side wouldn't be able to see it
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

I must opt out then there is little help I can give .

DO NOT respond back or no one else will be able to help

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 9 months ago.

Dropping the tank to replace the pump is a big job, but while you were there (or if you can get to the pump electrical connector) you need to check to see if you have power at the pump when cranking. Check from one side of the connector to the other (large outside pins) and also between the power supply and a ground other than the connector. to see if your ground wire might be broken.