Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My key is stuck in the ignition of my 2012 dodge ram the

Customer Question

my key is stuck in the ignition of my 2012 dodge ram the wipers started to move then stopped and now i have no electrical and the key will not come out
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing to check here is to make sure the battery cables are clean and tight at the battery.If these are o.k. try and recharge the battery or a jump start to see if the battery had died out or became weak.If it starts up and runs properly from here then I would have the battery tested (a local parts store can test this at no cost to you) to see if it needs replaced.

If this has already been checked and found o.k. (as I do not see it posted above so I needed to post this first) let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete