Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge Stratus just died while driving. Thought it was fuel

Customer Question

Dodge Stratus just died while driving. Thought it was fuel pump and replaced it. Still wont start?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Driving car and it just died. I don't thing it is getting any spark.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I just dropped the fuel tank and installed a new pump. I try to do most of the work myself.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed fuel pump and relay. No luck.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Replaced Cam Shaft positioning sensor last week
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Dodge Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Have you verified that the engine is not getting any spark? Are there any codes in the computer?

Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?