Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2012 6.7 Pre DEF Cummins. DPF is filter is full

Customer Question

I have a 2012 6.7 Pre DEF Cummins. DPF is filter is full Dodge wants 3k to clean. What are options for an bypass exhaust kit. Local exhaust shops will not touch it due to Phoenix city emissions. I'm willing to find a shop out of this county. What is the best system for longevity and MPG. thx
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** would be alot cheaper to install a DPF delte on this, and this would give a substantial MPG boost, and you will not have to worry about the DPF again, do yu have annual emmissions testing where you live?

are you still here?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this county requires emission testing.. But I have 17 months before I'm required to pass . in that time I will register the truck in a rural county....

ok, then you best bet is a selete kit, the pipe that actually deletes he DPF nd the cat runs about 200 dollars, but you will need a tuner to make it run right and keep the check engine light off, I prefer the Edge tuners and the Bullydog tuners, a good one will run about 1100 dollars, but you will have increased reliabilty, MPG, and performance,Tim

Please dont foget to rate me, as this is the only way I get paid for helping, thanks,Tim