Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

My name is mac, i am having a similar, the issue is a 95

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** am having a similar
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the issue is a 95 dakota 3.9 code 11 (no distributor input) and thus comes after a new pcm fixed an asd code for a few hundred miles. i have checked the wiring from the relay box to the pcm and all has continuity. replaced the fuel pump, distributor and cps, cks, ignition switch and starter wiring. if i let the truck sit a while it will crank and run briefly and then it dies like the key was turned off. asd relay opens(?) after the motor dies then no start. with 10v reading at the battery i get no turn over but at 12.4v it turns but no tach movement.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
distributor turns, when running alternator produces 14.4v and the motor runs strong. the pcm squeals wen the key is in the run position and reads 9.8-10.3v on some pins and 8v and 5v on others.
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for requesting me. Based on all of the information you gave me, it appears as though the PCM is failing. When it warms up, it can act up and stall . When it cooks down then it will come back on and work again. I am recommending replacing the PCM at this point. I think that will take care of the problem.

I hope that this information is helpful and if you need further assistance, please let me know.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my reply.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Thank you!

Chris