Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2012 RAM 2500 with the 6.7L Cummins and I noticed

Customer Question

I have a 2012 RAM 2500 with the 6.7L Cummins and I noticed that I'm starting to "burn" a little oil; about 1 qrt/1000 miles at about 75,000 miles. I have about 85,000 on it now. Running a H & S tune as I;m deleted. Use Rotella T-6 fully synthetic. Have filtration systems secondary oil filter as as secondary fuel filter. No oil leaks, no blue smoke, never burned a drop of oil in my previous 4 Cummins. Changed all filters at suggested interval and no other mods to truck. It is driven by a 60 yr old professional, so no drag racing with this Longhorn. Any suggestions?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Dodge has release a service bulletin dealing with the oil consumption concern you are having and as long as there are no external leaks they are saying with the amount of mile you have on it this would be consider in there normal range. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Oil%20consumption%20Mar%206.pdf