Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I would like to use a flash drive to play music, in my 2003

Customer Question

I would like to use a flash drive to play music, in my 2003 dodge Dakota. What will I need?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a factory radio/CD/Cassette in my Dakota, but want to add a usb player so I can carry more music with me and not have to haul around a truck load of CDs
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Are you wanting to add USB drive capabilities to your current radio or upgrade the radio to one that is USB drive capable? I would suggest the second option.. it probably would be close to the same cost depending on which head unit you go with and you will get a lot nicer head unit in general.