Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  36yrs.in Auto Industry, Aamco Trans.Master..
17290852

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup with about 90K miles.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup with about 90K miles. The problem I am having is that the vehicle runs perfectly then suddenly loses all power. It doesn't sputter or give any indication that there is a problem. This has happened 3 times now, each time on a busy street or freeway. After pumping the gas a time or two, and waiting a minute the vehicle starts again and could go for weeks or months before the issue happens again. The mechanic can't run diagnotics until the vehicle is experiencing the issue and we never know when that will be. We have replaced the gas cap, battery, and some type of sensor (not sure which one, one of three the mechanic suggested might be the problem). What do you suggest as the next step for fixing or identifying the problem. It is dangerous to drive right now as it is!
Thanks.
M.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 9 months ago.

Hello , 2013 done the exact same thing & had a wreck......The Dealer Downloaded new updated software & its been fine for about a year Thanks Joey Please rate my Answer & have a Great Day

Oh it showed no codes at all