Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I GOT A CODE READING THAT I HAVE A BAD MAP SENSOR ON MY 2004

Customer Question

I GOT A CODE READING THAT I HAVE A BAD MAP SENSOR ON MY 2004 DODGE 3500 DIESEL 5.9
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Actually, codes set when a circuit signal is out of parameter, which doesn't necessarily mean a component is bad; for example, you can get a MAP sensor code if it is just disconnected. By the way, what specific code number did you get? and was the accompanying freeze-frame data saved as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I'm getting a message saying you're waiting for my reply. Did you just ask the site for a phone call?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO, DON'T THINK SO. I GOT IT CHECKED AT AN AUTO ZONE - DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER TO EITHER QUESTION. HOW DO I CHANGE THE MAP OR SHOULD I

I'm sorry, but I don't seem to be able to communicate effectively with you. I'll opt out so others may try. Please don't reply to this post until another expert responds or the site will connect you back to me.

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I think I can help you. I see that you have requested a phone call. I will initiate that feature. Just accept it and I will call.

Chris