Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

1999 Dodge Durango gh resistance in the right and left turn

Customer Question

Good morning 1999 Dodge Durango high resistance in the right and left turn signal between the relay and switch what should I do
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Turn signals do not work so I tested the wiring with dmm and found high resistance in the right and left wires
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yup
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Switch fuse and relay are all brand new the old ones were not far out the door
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: No everything is stock
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Dodge Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

what wiring diagram have you used?

and what were the wires you tested?

high resistance Is an indication of corrosion and the effected wire must be repaired or replaced, you DID isolate the wires you're testing,correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used the one from just answers.com I hit the connector with electrical spray and when I tested it, the wires were reciving 12v but 4-7 ohms
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

how did you know it was the correct diagram?

and you didn't answer the other questions I asked, I need COMPLETE info for me to assist

what is your vin so I can get the correct diagram for your truck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1b4hs28yxx654043
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did isolate the wires before testing
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

which wires did you test the pins and colors please, we both need to be on the same page

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

that is an invalid vin can you please verify it

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

have you replaced the combo flasher yet?