Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  36yrs.in Auto Industry, Aamco Trans.Master..
17290852

I have a 2009 Dodge Journey. A couple of weeks ago I had the

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** have a 2009 Dodge Journey. A couple of weeks ago I had the L 2 module replaced. After leaving the dealer my vehicle would not shift out of third gear and the rpm went way up. I pulled over and shut the vehicle off and started it back up and it worked fine. It has done it twice since then. No engine lights and no codes. Just this. Do you have any idea what it could be? Nonprior issues. Just randomly started happening.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What would you like to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 9 months ago.

Hello , they should replace the transmission Relay...Thanks Joey