George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+ years
13574682

Im trying to help a friend put the serpentine bet on a

Customer Question

Hello Pearl,Im trying to help a friend put the serpentine bet on a Chrysler Aspen 2007, with a 5.7L Hemi engine. I cant find a routing diagram in it, even tho she bought it new and is the only owner. I have 2 different diagrams from the internet, but neeither of them look like the pulley pattern of her engine. Im at a loss as to what to do.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes maam, Ive put several on diff vehicles. Ive even driven 30 miles at night in 20 degrees, and rescued a friend, when their belt broke. Im an electronic tech, and do all the work on my pickup truck. But this beast has more pulleys than any ive seen so far,and its very hard to figure out. There are 2 smooth pulleys that are very close together and cannot be contacted on the same "loop", because 1 would have the ribbed side against it.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have gotten the belt thru the fan shrould and around the fan blade and around all the pulleys. Her son used it and brought it back with the belt completely off the pulleys and laying on the engine. I pulled it out and checked it for damage, and it seems fine. Now, Im trying to put it back on so that I can try to find out why it got thrown off. I suspect the coolant pump is leaking, due to a couple of pulleys being damp on the ridges. On of them is the crank pulley. But these diagrams from the web arent even close, in relation to position and spacing of the upper pulleys. The vehicle is a 2007 Aspen, where should the diagram be in it? I know it should be under the hood somewhere, but wher?
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Not at this time, except that its a Chrysler. Im trying Doddge, to see if I can get a more accurate diagram of the routing.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  George H. replied 11 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Check this diagram

Let me know if that matches what you are seeing

Thank you